Saturday, January 07, 2006

I’m reviewing the situation

Notes found in jeans pocket after successful first date:


  • Say, “Hello.”  (SMILE!)

  • Give her a hug.  DON’T BE AWKWARD

  • Have a good conversation.

  • Talk about her, NOT about yourself

  • Tell her she is beautiful because SHE IS!!!

  • Talk about other things.

  • Things you have in common: what about Breakfast at Tiffany’s?

  • Etc.

  • Be a gentleman.  Open doors and all that.  

  • Walk her to her door.

  • Get a goodnight kiss.  mih.  DON’T BE AWKWARD.

***
“You could have it all: my empire of dirt.  I will let you down.  I will make you hurt.”
- Johnny Cash, “Hurt”
***

First: do no harm.  Then: do no good.

  • You don’t remember, do you?

  • No, I don’t.  I just can’t hear it anymore.

  • It’s a shame.  A fucking shame.

  • I know.  But she left me.  She didn’t even say goodbye.  How the fuck am I supposed to be?

  • I don’t know.  I’ve never cared enough to know.  

I know this doesn’t sound like much of a compliment, but bear with me.  You make me inarticulate.  I never know what to say to you.  Tell me what it is and I’ll say it.  And yes, you do make my heart flutter.  But just a little bit.  You know, when I see you first, or you walk in the door and I happen to look up, or the other times.

  • Do you think she’ll come back?

  • No.  I wouldn’t.

  • But what about the rest of us?

  • We’ll survive.

  • But I don’t want to just ‘survive.’  I want more.  I want it all.

  • And you think you’re ready for that?

  • I’m ready to try.

  • Then I guess you should call her.

Maybe it’s time I let the Beast out of his cage.

it never rains but it pours

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mih!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home