Monday, January 30, 2006

Show me the Way. The Way to go Home.

“I’m holding on too tight.  I’ve lost the edge.”
- Cougar, Top Gun

I just need to stop pushing.

Life.  The paycheck takes me far enough.  It pays the bills that keep on pressing down: the loans, gas, the cell, groceries, little enough booze.  So there is that.  And that much is important.  But.  But there isn’t much left at the end of the paycheck.  Mostly nothing.  And so there I am.  Average.  I get by.  But that’s it.  And not a shit lot more.  Just getting by is often much worse than not getting by at all.  In the end, the boredom will kill you.  And that is, by far, the worst way to go.  Not that I would really know.  And I can’t speak for anyone else.  You can never be sure.  Of anything.

Common sense is what tells you the world is flat.  Fair enough.  I’ll believe it.

“That’s a fake mustache!”
- Jeff, the Bartender, Starsky and Hutch

It’s not about being the best.  It’s about the hustle.  It’s about making that fucking money.

  • It’s been a while, man.  

  • Yeah.  I know.  

  • So, you got a job and all that shit.

  • Nope.  Why, you got one for me?

  • I’ll look around.

  • Please do.  I’m getting tired of being poor.

There was a lot more.  But I deleted it.  Dumped it.  It wasn’t that good.  Maybe I’ll show it to you later.  If you ask nice.

Crayon is not my medium.  The lines are far too indistinct.  

“Sometimes you gotta say, ‘What the fuck,’ make your move.”
- Miles, Risky Business

Regardless of what I say, it sounds like I’m fucking whining.  And that is bullshit.

From one professional to another: “Oh yeah?  Well, I fucked your wife.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home