Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It’s all reaction; I’ve got nothing of my own

***

“No one actually says shit like that.”
“I have.”
“To girls?”
“Surprisingly enough.”
“And it works?”
“Fuck no.”
“Ha haha.”
“I mean, it endears them to me and all. Gets them thinking I’m a swell enough fellah. But it sure as hell don’t make any of them want to fuck me.”
“Balls yo.”
“Don’t I know it. I’m just not a smooth individual. That making myself look good shit just don’t come easy to me. Don’t much come at all.”

***

“Isaac, I don’t even know you. How can you say that you love me?”
“I can say anything I want. Truth of the matter is, there some things you just know that don’t need reasons. This is one of them.”
“I don’t even know you. This isn’t going to work.”
“Fair enough. I get it. But we both know that’s not your real reason.”

***

“Who are you?”
“Who do you want me to be?”
“Who are you?”
“Does it matter?”
“Who are you?”
“I don’t know.”

***

“Where do we go from here?”
“Anywhere we want. Anywhere we can. Don’t much make no difference.”
“Home, then?”
“And where might that be?”

***

“Hey you … wake up.”
“Not yet. It’s not time yet.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home